Father accidentally shoots son in attempt to kill cat

Tujoromajo Kasuto

16-year-old Paulus Makwa was accidently shot by his father at the Anangombe village on Sunday in the Onesi Constituency in the Omusati Region.

Makwa Thomas was allegedly shooting a cat for allegedly killing two of his chickens.

According to the regional crime investigations coordinator deputy commissioner Moses Simaho the father was using a shotgun to shoot the and in the process one bullet struck the child on the right leg and he sustained serious injuries.

Fortunately, Makwa was treated at the Onesi health centre and referred to Tsandi district hospital and is currently in a stable condition. No arrest has been made yet as investigations into the matter continues.

In another crime report, a 23-year-old burglar was shot died by a security guard in Friday at about 01:30 At Shafa mini market, Omulamba location, Onanyalala Village, Otamanzi constituency.

The guard was sleeping in his room when unknown people forced their way open with unknown objects.

The security guard fired one shot with a shotgun aimed at the door and in the process allegedly struck the man on the right ribs side and the man died a few metres away from the entrance, while others ran away.

No arrest was made and Police investigation continues.

In Windhoek, in the Hakahana residential area at around 20:57, a 33-year-old taxi driver was held at gunpoint and robbed off his taxi, a Nissan Note.

The robbery happened after he picked up a customer and indicated that the taxi fare will be paid at home. But, as he was passing the Havana football field, the customer phoned a lady and told her that he was going to be there as soon as he was in a taxi.

When they reached Kayec they found two men and a lady standing at the T-junction. The lady then approached the driver side and while the victim was opening the window in order to talk to the woman, another customer cocked a firearm and ordered driver not to move and he was pulled to the rear seat where he was ordered to lay on his stomach, while they were searching him.

After that, the suspects then sat on the victim and drove a few metres from the weighbridge in the northern industrial area, where they pushed him out of the taxi and drove back to Windhoek, leaving the driver stranded there.

The taxi driver walked to Monte Christo, where he took a taxi to the Wanaheda Police Station and reported the incident.

No arrests, and recoveries were made and Police investigation continues.

Related Posts