What we eat believe it or not has tremendous effects not only on our weight but our skin. When it comes to skincare in order to have great skin we need to indulge in food that is high in vitamin A, C, E and zinc among other nutrients. Here are a few foods that will aid your skin in glowing and looking smoother.
1. Eat fruits high in Vitamin C such as Oranges, Strawberries, Papaya, Kiwi fruit, Tomatoes; blueberries, avocados etc.
2. Eat vegetables such as Sweet potatoes, red & yellow peppers and broccoli as they contain a great selection of vitamins.
3. Drink Green Tea as it protects your skin from damage and aging. (Any brand would suffice)
4. In the mood for chocolate indulge in Dark chocolate as it is known to boost ones skin moister and protect from sun damage because of its antioxidants and vitamins.
5. Snack on nuts such as almonds and cashews as they are packed with healthy vitamins such as vitamin A, C and E among others. As well as Sunflower seed which are a great source of skin boosting nutrients.
6. Food high in Omega 3 is good for your skin so indulge in Salmon, Mackerel and other fatty fish.
7. If you feel the need to have an alcoholic beverage, Red wine is great as it reduces the effects of aging.
8. Stay hydrated by drinking at least 2 litters of water daily as it flushes your body from toxins.
9. Cut out sugar, processed foods and fast food as it ages you quicker.
10. Always use extra virgin Olive oil or coconut oil when preparing food.